Advocacy Priorities 2017
2017 National Advocacy Priorities
AMSA’s National Advocacy Priorities are issues that AMSA plans to focus on in 2017. These priorities are based off the results obtained in the National Survey, which are then approved by AMSA representatives from each university. They consist of Primary and Secondary priorities, based on the amount of time likely to be spent on them.
An issue not being on the list doesn’t mean that AMSA can’t advocate for it - our advocacy is broadly derived from our extensive policy base.
1. The Availability of Quality Internships
2. Student Mental Health and Wellbeing
3. Improving the Quality of Clinical Schools and Placements
4. Preventing Increases in Student Numbers and the establishment of new Medical Schools
1. Action on Sexual Harassment and Bullying in Medicine
2. Increasing Specialist Training Opportunities in Rural Areas
3. The Health of Australia’s Indigenous People and Indigenous Student Recruitment and Retention
4. Maintaining Reasonable Cost of Medical School Programs
Approved by 2017 AMSA Representatives, 10/1/17